Saturday, July 04, 2009

Thursday, July 1, 2009. Day 13

Day Stats.
Trip Total: 894.3
Day Total: 88.87
Avg Speed: 17.4
Tm: 5.045
I was on the road by 9:30. The goal was to reach Fethiye at a reasonble time so that I could search for spare inner tubes. Not a difficult goal to reach since it was about 60 kms away. The ride was not really exiting, the wind, once more, was not cooperating. My though is that if the wind's cooperation is a random experiment, God owes me 13 days of fair wind, which would be enough to propel me to India, if I wanted to. Still, there were a couple of very nice views which I quote below.
I reached Fethiye at a reasonble time, took a couple of pictures
and then I had to go through the usual routine of finding a bike store. Using people's help (an older man actually drove me to one) I located one, only to find out that this type of inner tubes I could only find in Antaliye. Really pissed I asked if there was another bike store in town. Got directions and ended up at the Likya2teker bike store. I was really lucky the owner was a young and polite man that could speak good English and was very helpful. More importantly, he had the type of tube I was looking for!!!! I purchased three and then started asking him for info which he was really glad to give. He knew the area well, distances, uphills, hotel locations, etc. According to him tomorrow I will have to bike from sea level to 1500 hundred meters, in a stretch of 52 kms. Also, to reach a town with a hotel I would have to do a total of 85 kms. My first though was to continue riding today and cover as much distance as I could in order to compensate for tomorrow's distance and climb. He was helpful at that and via the internet he located a hotel near Kemer, a town 25 kms further down on my way. So, I skipped Fethiye, which looked very beautiful, to visit it at another time.

As I was on my way to exit the town, at a traffic light I asked a man on a motorbike if I was headed in the right direction. He said yes and asked me if I liked the town. I said it was very beautiful. He then asked me why I was not staying there for the night. The moral of the story is that I do not pass as unnoticed as I think. He had seen me entering the town, so he knew that I had not even spend an evening there.

I biked on and I quote a picture I took on the way. I hope that the mountain in the background is not the mountain I will have to climb tomorrow.
I ended up at a hotel called My Nature. It is a really beautiful place and "lost" in the country side. Unless you have instructions on how to get there you'll never find it. An acre of land has been developed to make it the perfect getaway. If I lived in the area I would be a regular. customer. The owner and the personel are very nice.

So after a long day I had a good rest

No comments:

Post a Comment