Saturday, July 04, 2009

Saturday, July 4, 2009 - Day 16

Stats
Trip Total: 1184.9
Day Total: 93.21
Got up at 10:00. I entertained the idea of staying a day longer in this exquisite town. It is well worth it. I made the decision, however, that the mission is more important than pleasure and got ready to go. I ended up leaving at 12:00 which ruined my chances of making it to Alanya. So, I shot for Manavgav (Greengrocer town.) Quite an uneventful day. Other than the usual struggle against the wind and the pavement nothing else of importance happened.

On the way, there was a sign indicating a national park and a canyon. I took a picture from a distance and here it is

There were really lots of sellers of boiled corn, which in Turkish is called Egyptian milk, along the highway and I quote a picture of their tools of trade.

I reached Manavgad ahead of time and decided to bike on. I biked on another 25 kms and found a hotel, hotel Grun, near a beach resort at a perfectly pleasant location.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Unca: Did 125 miles into Massachusetts Friday, Gimbels yesterday and 72 today. Lost 10 pounds and am riding better than in the past 2 years. I'll be ready for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vassili - I can not figure out exactly where you are....

    Elli

    ReplyDelete