Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday, July 13, 2009. Day 25.

Stats
Trip Total: 1885.5
Day Total: 39.5
It has been a short day. Got up late had breakfast and hit the road at 11:30. I headed for Reyhanli, the last Turkish town of the trip. The terrain is flat, the road pavement acceptable for the most part, and had to deal with unfriendly strong wind for only short periods. So, I moved fast and was at Reyhanli, which is about 40 kms away, by 14:00. Nothing really interesting so far. The town is and looks like a frontier town. I saw quite a few men dressed in the Arabic manner, especially the head band.

Tomorrow, Allah willing, I will enter Syria. The border is about 10 kms from here and then I will take the fastest way to Damascus, which I haven't decided which it is . I will have to do a little asking around tonight. The info I've gotten so far is that there are no internet cafes in Syria and internet access is limited in general. Therefore you must brace for RADIO SILENCE for a few days. Of course, there is always the possibility that they will turn me around at the border because of the bike. At the Athens consulate was told that it is OK to enter Syria with a bike, but you never know.

Below are a few pictures from today's ride


Always popular with kids as you can see below. The kids, however, even though they ran up to me, they were very hesitant to cross the road and come all the way to the bike.


Traditional way of clearing up the fields.



and some pictures from Reyhanli itself



No comments:

Post a Comment